A public beta of Séance is now available! This is my first publicly released version of Séance v3. While it isn't feature complete, yet, it is very functional.
The aim was to get a copy into people’s hands, to try out.
Just about everything that you can do in Séance v2.0, can be done with Séance v3.0. The real change involve Camera Control. There is a fair bit of work to do, but you can setup and operate your camera from your Mac. The package should be reasonably stable. However, I have found some last minute bugs. These will be addressed as soon as I can get to them. Also, some features are incomplete, as well.
The plan is to have an on-going set of public betas for at least 2 - 3 months, while I identify and fix bugs.
Next on my hit-list is ProRes from the Flex4K.
This version does have UI elements which supports ProRes. But at this moment, it is non-functional.
The next couple of releases should see ProRe enabled.
Issues in this version:
- Documentation has bee lightly touched. But needs a re-write.
- Changing resolutions on your Camera will cause problems in Séance.
- A few controls require additional work (Setting HD-SDI and Zoom modes, for instance.)
- Starting Séance the first time, might crash, as there is a problem with the initial generation of the Preferences files.
Please send feedback!
Currently, this version needs the following:
- Séance v2.0 license, with support.
(Flex4K Bundle users are not eligible for this.)
- MacOSX 10.11.6
- Cinestation IV
More to follow.
Contact me via email, if you have any questions.
It is available here:
Happy Holidays/Happy New Year.